Bar One is a licensee under the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC), which is the government agency that oversees the licensing of alcohol service in the State of California. We possess both a liquor license and a type 58 alcohol catering license, which allows us to LEGALLY sell and distribute liquor, beer and wine throughout California for events. As licensees, Bar One is also authorized to apply for type 218 day permits from the ABC, which often times is a requirement for venues and clients. To avoid legal and financial consequences, it is important to make sure to obtain proper licensing and permitting for your event.

Acquiring permits from the ABC can take time. We recommend our clients give us at least 10 days notice to begin the application process.

The myth of the licensed bartender. We get this ALL the time.

There is no such thing as a licensed bartender.

There IS such thing as a licensed company, who possesses a state mandated liquor license for the legal sale alcohol. Bar One is a licensed company. We are not a staffing company. This is what sets us apart from many of our competitors.

Bartending schools are fantastic resources for bar education - a knowledge of drinks, technique, responsible serving, and protocol will make any individual a more desirable candidate in this competitive industry. But any “license” or “certification” obtained through a bartending school holds no legal grounds for the sale of alcohol.


Bar One holds an insurance policy for $5,000,000 in general liability and for $5,000,000 in liquor liability. We can also provide additionally insured services. Please contact us for more information.